Friday, March 17, 2017

Not Quite Asphyxious

A 75 point game of Warmachine.

Lists were:

Lord Arbiter Hexeris
- Tiberion
- Aradus Soldier
- Archidon
- Basilisk Drake
- Agonizer

Maximum unit of Venators + Command Attachment
Maximum unit of Beast Handlers
Tyrant Commander
Extoller Soulward
Maximus

Bane Witch Agathia
- 2x Slayer
- Reaper
- Nightwretch

Maximum unit of Bane Warriors+ Command Attachment
Maximum unit of Mechanithralls + Skarlock Commander
Maximun unit of Satyxis Blood Witches
Withershadow Combine
Warwitch Siren
Necrotech

We were trying out a scenario that was stitched out from bits of information about the new steamroller. I think Cryx started game.

Both armies were pretty much just running forward for the first round, and I felt quite tool-less when Agathia used her feat on turn 2. After all most of my volume of attacks was in Reivers, that would be getting engaged right next.

I just did some useless shuffling, and then opponent removed Agonizer from the board and dealt heavy damage to Basilisk Drake, yet not killing it. Satyxis Blood Witches didn't reach all that many Reivers as I had feared.

Damage wasn't overwhelming, but I was intimidated by the sheer number of Cryxians. And as Agathia had used all of her focus on removing Agonizer, I thought that I wouldn't get a better chance at assassination. Maximus tried to clear some Bane Warriors so that Archidon was able to fly into position without taking free strikes.

My warbeasts do random things to get some fury on them, and then Hexeris throws Hellfires at Agathia, uses his feat and throws Hellfires again at Agathia.

Out of four Hellfires three hit, and left Agathia with two hit boxes. Well, bummer.

Next I tried my best at unjamming Venator Reivers, and four or so were able to get within shooting distance and line of sight to Agathia.

A hit was scored and the witch lay dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment