Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Goreshade vs Thyra

So, this game was played a few weeks back. I have to start writing these now.

It was my first real Warmachine Mk3 (or: New Edition) game with actual miniatures.

My list was 75 points:

Goreshade the Bastard & Deathwalker
- Corruptor
- Leviathan
- Malice

Maximum unit of Mechanithralls +2x Brute Thrall + Skarlock Commander
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls
Minimum unit of Bile Thralls
Withershadow Combine
2x Pistol Wraith
Necrotech
Warwitch Siren
Soul Trapper

Opponent had something like this:

Thyra
- Blood of Martyrs
- Vigilant
- Dervish
- Avatar of Menoth

Maximum unit of Choir of Menoth
Maximum unit of Idrian Skirmishers + Command Attachment
Daughters of the Flame
Hierophant
Covenant of Menoth
Vassal of Menoth
Vassal Mechanic?
Wracks
Rhupert

Scenario was good old Incursion, I think. No idea who started the game any more. Pictures are a bit blurry.

Incorporeal Pistol Wraith wanted to seize flag on the right. I don't know what was the deal with flag on the left, nobody seemed to be too interested in that.

Daughters of the Flame flooded Malice and my front line on the left, but Bile Thralls took care of those aggressors. Malice took a few souls in the process, and a bit later Malice just becomes my new favorite cryxian warjack. I mean... Arm 22. Amazing.

Both players score a few control points, Protectorate from the middle flag and Cryx from the flag on right. I remove Idrians easily enough and now when I'm looking at the pictures situation doesn't look that bad for Cryx. I was just terribly afraid of Protectorate warjacks, as none of my own warjacks excelled in Arm 21 removal. I'd need at least two warjacks to charge one target, and then there'd be one Protectorate jack that could easily enough remove both pieces I sent in...

At least that was how I felt.

Next I get a little bit of a spook when I advance Goreshade to cast Bleed on an Idrian Skirmisher. I didn't really pay attention on how far Thyra would be able to launch Blood of Martyrs. Don't know if Bleed attracted Blood.

Thyra advanced and used feat, casts Carnage and what else. Thanks to Lamentation on Goreshade, whatever Thyra did left her at zero focus points. I bet I've never ever gained as much use out of Mage Blight.

Blood of Martyrs then charged Goreshade, and had enough movement to get in to position. I doubt I would've taken such risks with Goreshade had I remembered Carnage and Silence of Death. Most probably that was one dead Goreshade now.

Except that there is this Warwitch Siren that was able to get a free strike against Blood of Martyrs. The attack hit and triggered shadow bind. There had been a lone Daughter of the Flame that could have tried to take her down, but opponent forgot. A bit of an anticlimactic save for me.

Next Thyra is sitting relatively close to Cryx with zero focus.

Goreshade charges some warrior model and pops up a new Deathwalker. He uses feat, too.

Only two Bane Thralls get to Thyra and both miss, but good old Dark Shroud had been delivered. With Deathwalker Thyra had -2 def & arm. Malice got within Thyra's back arc and butchered her up. Shame that Malice had just been errata'd to not be able to use possession on warcaster models.

Well. What can I say.

A most skillful caster bait I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment