Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Enraged lil' doggie

About two weeks ago Rufus made his debut on the battlefields of Immoren.

It was a 50 point game, and my list was:

Dominar Rasheth
- Bronzeback Titan
- Basilisk Drake
- Basilisk Krea
- Cyclops Shaman
- 2x Reptile Hounds

Maximum unit of Paingiver Beast Handlers
Maximum unit of Praetorian Swordsmen + Unit Attachment
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew
Agonizer
Bloodrunner Master Tormentor
Mortitheurge Willbreaker
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw

Opponent had:

Jeremiah Kraye
- Ol' Rowdy
- Hammersmith
- 2x Hunters

Maximum unit of Greygore Boomhowler's & Co. + Jonas Murdoch
Rangers
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Arlan Strangewayes
Journeyman Warcaster
Squire

Cygnar started game and first picture is taken from the end of Skorne turn 1. I got to make my first acquaintance with the spell Full Tilt. There is something very disturbing in 16" running Hammersmith, though what really messed up my mind was thinking about 24" running spd 6 warjacks.

I don't remember any more how on earth did Hunter get where it is in picture 2 (on the right, next to Bronzeback) but it did deny a counter charge to hammersmith. Hammersmith, then, charged and beat Basilisk Krea into a pulp. This was first thing I forgot - I didn't jump in with Feralgeist. After all Krea would have been quite a beast in melee if coupled up with basilisk Drake.

On my next turn I wanted to make really sure that both Hammersmith and Hunter would get wrecked. Paingiver Beast Handlers enraged both Reptile Hounds and healed up Basilisk Drake a little bit, but then Bronzeback did it again. In a single activation it managed to punch both warjacks down.

Annoying thing here was now that both Reptile Hound had to declare a charge, thanks to Beast Handlers. Well, one of them charged Ol' Rowdy who had Arcane Shield on. And if I remember right, it even scored one damage point! Way to go, doge!

Rufus, on the other hand, tried to charge a trollkin, but the charge fell woefully short.

Praetorian Swordsmen who had Carnivore on them charged trollkin next, and decimated most of the unit. However, that 4+ tough is one heck of a countermeasure to one-turn anatomical precision.

Wrong Eye & Snapjaw advanced slowly under Submerge animus. Basilisk Drake advanced to contest the control zone and tried to spray Kraye, and scored a lucky hit with even luckier damage roll.

Finally Feralgeist ran to have most of my warbeasts within possession range.

Well, next Ol' Rowdy shows his disrespect for cute lil' doges, after he had knocked down both the dog and the basilisk.

This was annoying. I had intentional plans for Feralgeist jumping to and fro in my warbeasts, I had even brought it that far forward just for that purpose. And when Reptile Hound destroyed, I forgot to possess it. Again.

However, after that it was too late anyway since Master Holt came and shot the ghost down with some fancy magical pistols. I have no doubts that I would've forgotten to possess once again when Drake would die, so in that way this was some comfort.

Basilisk Drake was suprisingly resilient. It survived a shot from Hunter and a hand cannon shot from Junior Warcaster, and even a charge attack and impact attack from Kraye himself. Kraye had to buy one more attack to put the beast down, and I guess this was where opponent got a little bit too greedy for control points - I got Snapjaw, Wrong Eye and Cyclops Shaman within certain charge range. Though Kraye was Def 14, Arm 23 target at the moment.

Given that, I wasn't sure at all if the low-powered attacks of my models would bring Kraye down. However, Dominar Rasheth still hadn't used his feat, so obviously he did that now. Then he cast Blood Mark on Kraye, which mean a total of -4 Arm.

Snapjaw charges Kraye, and the first damage roll from a succesful hit is enough to one-shot him. None of the dice were below 4.

I hope I get to write up next game, where Bronzeback continues its daring exploits, and even Rufus learns a trick... (oh wow, what a hype).


No comments:

Post a Comment